Southern California Horses in Need
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Southern California Horses in Need

Connecting horses and people who love them!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

16 y/o Missouri Fox Trotter Gelding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hanaeleh

Hanaeleh

16 y/o Missouri Fox Trotter Gelding Empty
PostSubject: 16 y/o Missouri Fox Trotter Gelding   16 y/o Missouri Fox Trotter Gelding EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:55 pm

Posterous link w/ pictures

I have a great horse that I'm giving away to the right person. The only reason I'm giving him up is that we don't have room enough for him at our new house. "Lucky" is a 16 yr old Missouri Foxtrotter I've had since he was 4. I've done endurance on him successfully - actually my husband rode him another 700 endurance miles over the past two years. But what he really likes best -- and where he really shines in terms of performance -- is not in competition (where he gets anxious) but on trails in the mountains, where he goes up and down hills like you wouldn't believe. Lucky would be suitable for someone who likes to trail ride (preferably often), and he needs an experienced rider as he's a big strong boy with a lot of forward momentum, and he will occasionally "sport spook" at things like mountain bikes which he's been around a lot but sometimes thinks are big hairy monsters (while he thinks nothing of flapping canvass or plastic and other things that scare many horses). Lucky's very bold - I've ridden on some nasty trails in the Sierras and he doesn't hesitate about anything - he's super sure-footed, which is characteristic of his breed. He's a flashy boy - sorrel with a flaxen mane and tail, and carries himself very handsomely! As I said, I would give Lucky away to the right person - a good home is more important to me than anything. Lucky is a very easy keeper and has always been sound - the only injury he ever had in his life was a tendon on the right front that is now thickened, but he's never been lame on it since - that happened about 5 yrs ago. I've worked cattle off him - both sorting and team penning and he's gone on cattle gathers in the mountains. I always thought he'd be great for a cowboy that needed a good horse he could ride all day! He hopes right in the trailer and rides comfortably and calmly. I've body clipped him on several occasions and he actually enjoys the process. He was born in Ozark, Missouri and brought here when he was 4. He's a "blue papered" Foxtrotter, if anyone cares...
Would be happy to provide photos and more information on him.

Can you please post this to your groups? I live up in San Juan Bautista (northern California).

Thanks!
Peggy

Peggy Davidson
Garden Retreats by Peggy
Bullock's Countryscapes, Inc.
4760 San Juan Road
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
831/238-0495

Back to top Go down
http://www.hanaeleh.com

16 y/o Missouri Fox Trotter Gelding
Page 1 of 1